General English is a course for all students of varying levels of English. It is designed to equip all students with the necessary communication skills to be able to comfortably live and work in an English-speaking country and to gradually proceed from Elementary to Advanced level. All lessons follow clear learning outcomes, and every student will progress through the levels based on the academic progress which will be constantly monitored.
This course will help to develop the English language skills for
- Everyday use of the English language.
- The four basic skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Test preparation classes and English for Academic Purposes courses.
Windsor College delivers the following levels of General English;
- Upper Intermediate
General English is delivered a lively, fun classroom environment with up to 17 other students at a similar level.
General English classes run from Monday through Friday, with 4 hours class time each day, as well as a 30 minute break.
All Students are provided with a course book and a work book, and lessons are based on the course book and supplemented by a wide range of resources, including audio material and authentic texts.
Weekly review tests and structured teacher’s feedback based on academic progress will evaluate the student’s development.
There are no academic entry requirements to participate the course. All students are welcome.
Students will take an English placement test to determine their entry level prior to beginning the course.
Completing levels in General English enables you to
- Progress to English for Academic Purposes (EAP) if you wish to study Higher Education in Australia; Or
- Pursue further studies at a Vocational Level such as Business, or Leadership and Management